Take Action to Reduce Methane Gas Pollution in Your Home & Community
Accelerating a phase-out of fossil fuels—particularly methane—in homes and buildings will require a combination of personal and policy action. Below are steps you can take to reduce your own fossil fuel consumption and advocate for necessary policy changes.
Switch to all-electric heating and appliances
Make a plan to go electric with these resources.
- See best practices for making the transition on this tipsheet.
- Use this portal to find the many local incentives & rebates to help offset the costs of installation.
Push For Policy Change
Your local leaders, including city council members, county supervisors, and state and federal legislators, want to hear from their constituents about the policies that matter to them.
- Call on your representatives to make or support policies that phase out methane in existing buildings and ensure new construction is all-electric.
- Sign this petition to support a rapid and full transition from methane gas to all-electric homes and buildings.
Engage With Local Government
- Keep an eye on the agendas for relevant topics — including Reach Codes, Climate Actions Plans, and electrification support programs.
- Submit comments and join meetings to show your support.
- Sign-up for our weekly Silicon Valley actions and updates email by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org