Electric Home Ambassador Program
Transitioning from gas to clean electric heating and appliances is a key step towards addressing climate change. Electrifying your home has lots of benefits, but it’s still less than common in California.
That’s why we created the Electric Home Ambassador Program. You can be matched with an ambassador with a similar background for personalized advice.
Tell us what you’d like to do, and we’ll put you in touch with someone who’s already done something similar. Lots of your neighbors have replaced old gas heaters and appliances with electric ones. They’re gas-free, and enjoying all the benefits.
When is a good time to switch?
Typical equipment lifespan
Gas furnace: 20-30 years
Gas water heater: 12-15 years
Air conditioner: 10-15 years
Dryers: 10-15 years
- A year or two before your gas furnace, water heater, or dryer are likely to fail.
- A year or two before your air conditioner fails.
- If you are considering installing an air conditioner for the first time.
- If you are planning a remodel.
Now. If you’re ready to be carbon-free, now is the time.
If you’d like to read about it before talking to an Ambassador, you can find out more about:
- How to switch / Details about affordable equipment options
- Why it’s important to switch from gas to electric
- What Rebates & Savings are available to you.
If you think cooking with gas is the way to go, you’re in for a treat:
Tell us what you’d like to do, and we’ll put you in touch with an Electric Home Ambassador who’s already done it.
Help Others make the switch
Making changes is not always easy, and talking with someone who’s been through it can be very helpful. As our society shifts away from fossil fuels to clean, renewable, all-electric homes, your experiences can help others make this transition.
You don’t have to be an expert, just share what you learned in the process. By helping others switch, you’ll be part of the solution to reducing the threat of climate change.